Join thousands in Los Angeles to let the world know that business cannot continue as usual. We demand a total change of priorities from the production of things to the caring for people and the environment. Join us in marches, nonviolent direct actions and events.
9/11-20 LEE SIU HIN: Journey to Russia with Solidarity-My Fact-Finding Trip to Moscow, St. Petersburg PART Four: It's a Family Business
9/11-20 LEE SIU HIN: Journey to Russia with Solidarity-My Fact-Finding Trip to Moscow, St. Petersburg
PART Four: It's a Family Business
BlackRock capitalist oligarchy, CIA director, helped Biden to cover-up their family corruptions, and help them pocket big $$$$ from Ukraine
李小轩 Lee Siu Hin
* This is the last part of my Four-Part “Journey to Russia with Solidarity” series.
Prior to my September 11th - 20th fact-finding trip to Russia, I did some investigation about the Ukraine and U.S. covert actions, and found some connection between Biden, Blackrock and Ukraine.
On July 21st, 2023 President Biden appointed William J. Burns, the director of the Central Intelligence Agency (C.I.A.), to become a member of his cabinet.
The new status — which is largely symbolic, is a credibility boost for the agency after coming under intense criticism for intelligence failures before the September 11 terror attacks two decades ago, where C.I.A. director had been a cabinet-level until 2005 (1).
While many Beltway political analysis had suggested that Biden’s promotion was purely political to reward Burn for helping to cover-up Biden’s son, Hunter Biden’s corruption charges from the infamous laptop/e-mail scandal. Also, Biden has been very pleased by Burn’s expertise on covert operation against Russia and China; where President Biden had been obsessed—even desperately to launch numerous racist imperialist economic war and military campaigns against China and Russia, whenever since he became U.S. President on 2021--far more than his predecessor President Trump.
Why for what?
All Roads Linked to BlackRock, Ukraine
According to the Wikipedia and other Google search results, Burns’ bio is a life-long career diplomat for over three decades, became the director of the C.I.A. in the Biden administration since March 19, 2021, and previously served as U.S. deputy secretary of state from 2011 to 2014 under Obama administration, where Biden was then Vice President, expert on Russia.
He retired from the U.S. government in 2014, and between 2014 to 2021 served as president of the Carnegie Endowment for International Peace. However, none of these websites told his another important job--he was hired by BlackRock’s sister company—BlackStone, as Senior Advisor on July 13th, 2015 (2).
Biden, on the other hand, was a senator for the U.S. state of Delaware from 1973 to 2009, a lobbyist for the largest corporate tax haven on earth. According to Werner Rügemer investigation, this mini-state with less than a million inhabitants is the largest corporate tax and financial haven in the U.S.-led West: The number of shell companies numbers at least twice that of the number of eligible voters. Virtually all the major companies and banks in the U.S. — or their subsidiaries — have their legal and tax headquarters here (3). Including BlackRock, at least 27 out of its 112 global subsidiaries, 24% of them, are based on Delaware (4).
The core of the Hunter Biden’s laptop corruption scandal, already much known by media and under Federal investigation, including his insider dealing with Ukraine corrupted officials and business tycoon, such as Burisma; as well as payments from Chinese private energy & investment company call China CEFC Energy Company, now being accused by Chinese authority of fraud (5) (6).
On October 19, 2020 soon after New York Post broke the laptop story; more than 50 former intelligence officials signed a letter casting doubt on the newspaper claim as “Russian disinfo,” their statement was supported by pro-Biden New York Times and CNN, just right before the November 2020 President election against him.
But now, after two years later on 2022, New York Times and Washington Post had finally admitted that the authenticity of the Hunter Biden’s email on the laptop; the Federal Court against him on the way (as of mid-2023). House Republican leaders, taking this opportunity to against Biden, are prepared to subpoena William Burns over records on the agency's improper potential role with the Hunter Biden laptop letter (7), but he doesn’t seems willing to cooperate.
Meanwhile on late June, under President Biden’s arrangement, BlackRock and JPMorgan will help set up Ukraine reconstruction bank, claiming the fund aims to attract billions of dollars in private investment to assist rebuilding projects (8). But many analyses had pointed out that it’ll only benefits and fatten BlackRock and other U.S. investors’ wallet, over Ukrainian’s miserly.
Now the missing links are getting clear.
Capitalist Milk Brothers
Like many other U.S. capitalist oligarchy, they’ll hire former government officials for their spokesperson/lobbyist inside Beltway; what separate from the others is their size, already an increasingly influential player in Washington, DC.
According to the BlackRock Vanguard Watch, Blackrock and/or Vanguard (another U.S. largest investment firm), are among the three largest institutional investors for 505 out of 505 of the S&P 500 (9).
To make it even sounds more gigantic, BlackRock/BlackStone and Vanguard are already serve as each other’s major shareholder. Vanguard Group Inc owns 8.64% BlackRock (12,906,678 share $8.92Billions) (10), while BlackRock owns Vanguard Group 13.77% (4,049,759 share) (11); the The Vanguard Group, Inc. owns BlackRock’s sister company BlackStone (Technically in 1988, BlackRock separated from its parent company BlackStone, claiming they're now completely separate companies with different business) 6.545 % (46,212,331 shares worth $4.843Billions)(12)
At the end of the first quarter of 2021, BlackRock had more than $9.0 trillion in assets under management (AUM) (13), The Vanguard Group roughly has $8.1 trillion AUM, and BlackStone has $975 billion AUM, these three companies combined has total AUM of $18.075 trillion, almost as large as World’s second-largest economy of China’s $18.1 trillion GDP, or roughly equivalent as 70% of U.S. GDP ($25.46 trillion).
No doubt they have too much money can buy government from U.S. to around the World, to influence major public policies for their greedy bottom-line.
Beside William J. Burns, other notable BlackRock’s former official hires, or former BalckRock staffs now hired by Biden Administration, include:
- On June 20th, 2013, Wesley Clark joins Blackstone as adviser (14)
- Brian Deese, BlackRock global head of sustainable investing from October 2017 until December 2020, appointed by the President Biden to run the National Economic Council between January 20th, 2021 – February 21st, 2023.
- Adewale “Wally” Adeyemo, a former chief of staff to BlackRock’s chief executive, appointed by the President Biden for Deputy Secretary of the Treasury United States Deputy Secretary of the Treasury under Janet Yallen since March 26th, 2021.
- Mike Pyle, who has worked as BlackRock's global chief investment strategist, a special assistant to the president on economic policy since 2022.
- Thomas E. Donilon, former national security advisor to the President Obama, now serve as Chairman of the BlackRock Investment Institute (15).
- Dalia Blas, former Director of Division of Investment Management under Trump administration between September 2017 - January 2021, who helped BlackRock oversee the asset manager's response to key policy issues including a Republican-led backlash to ESG investing, between Jun 2021 - Jun 2023 hired by BlackRock as Head of External Affairs (16) (17).
- Eric Van Nostrand, former BalckRock’s Head of Research for Multi-Asset Strategies & Sustainable Investments, Managing Director, was appointed by President as Senior Advisor for Russia/Ukraine (August 2022 - March 2023), and Acting Assistant Secretary for Economic Policy (April 2023 – present) (18).
But no one can compare with Laurence Fink, BlackRock’s chief executive, acts (or acted) as an influence agent himself (19):
Fight against Capitalist Home Robbery and War Profiteers!
Just like capitalists always loves to say: “there’s no free lunch”, yet greedy multinational oligarchy always loves to steal and blackmail government for more free money.
Wall Street investors like BlackRock’s engagement in Washington, hire many former officials, and putting many of their former corporate managers into the administration, could take on a different tenor when it came to the prospect of regulations it saw as a serious threat to the firm’s business model. When former Obama officials and congressional aides pointed to how BlackRock reacted to the possibility of being named a “systemically important” non-bank financial institution by regulators, another way of saying the company was “too big to fail.” (20)
Former BlackRock staff now Biden top spymaster helping Biden to cover-up his son’s (and himself) corruption, Biden under the “recommendation” from former government officials now BlackRock executive, or former BlackRock staff now work for Biden’s administration for fiscal friendly policies, or Biden’s policy on Ukraine, it’s no understatement to point out that BlackRock has strong ties to Washington, D.C., and the firm now has a profound influence on the Biden administration, or vice versa.
Because of the corporate censorships, most people don’t know the seriousness of the U.S. oligarchy controlled our politics and economy; and how seemingly soft-spoken well-dressed multinational fund managers using their DC networks to rob billions and making big $$$$ from U.S./NATO war on Ukraine.
Peace and justice activists have responsibility to educate our community, who is our real enemy, and we need mobilize to fight against their corporate robbery of the World!
(1) “Biden Elevates CIA Director William Burns to His Cabinet” Economic Community of West African States, Jul 21, 2023
(2) “William J. Burns Appointed as Senior Advisor to Blackstone” BlackStone press release, July 13, 2015 https://www.blackstone.com/news/press/william-j-burns-appointed-as-senior-advisor-to-blackstone/
(3) “BlackRock capital finance works with Republicans and Democrats” Werner Rügemer, Workers World, January 26, 2021 https://www.workers.org/2021/01/54092/
(4) “EX-21.1 4 d439552dex211.htm SUBSIDIARIES OF REGISTRANT” Table lists the direct and indirect subsidiaries of BlackRock, Inc. as of December 31, 201, SEC https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1364742/000119312513084957/d439552dex211.htm
(5) “中国华信能源有限公司” Baidu.com https://tinyurl.com/muny87tk
(6) “叶简明” Baidu.com https://tinyurl.com/33c5wukw
(7) “Hunter Biden investigation: Jordan threatens CIA subpoena over laptop letter”
Jerry Dunleavy, Washington Examiner, May 17, 2023 https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/justice/hunter-biden-investigation-jordan-cia-laptop-letter-subpoena
(8) “BlackRock and JPMorgan help set up Ukraine reconstruction bank” Brooke Masters, Financial Times, June 19 2023 https://www.ft.com/content/3d6041fb-5747-4564-9874-691742aa52a2
(9) BlackRock Vanguard Watch https://blackrockvanguardwatch.com/
(10) “Blackrock Inc Stock Ownership - Who owns Blackrock?” Wall Street Zen https://www.wallstreetzen.com/stocks/us/nyse/blk/ownership
(11) “Top 10 Owners of American Vanguard Corp” CNN https://www.cnn.com/markets/stocks/AVD
(12) “BLACKSTONE INC.” Market Screener https://www.marketscreener.com/quote/stock/BLACKSTONE-INC-60951400/company/
(13) “The Ties That Bind: BlackRock and Biden” Nicolle Invest, July 21, 2021 https://www.nicolletinvest.com/navigator/the-ties-that-bind-blackrock-and-biden
(14) “Former NATO commander Wesley Clark joins Blackstone as adviser” Reuters, June 20, 2013 https://www.reuters.com/article/wesleyclark-blackstone/former-nato-commander-wesley-clark-joins-blackstone-as-adviser-idUSL2N0EV17O20130619
(15) BlackRock Press Release https://www.blackrock.com/corporate/biographies/thomas-donilon
(16) “Here are 9 fascinating facts to know about BlackRock, the world's largest asset manager” Rebecca Ungarino, Business Insider, March 11, 2022 https://www.businessinsider.com/what-to-know-about-blackrock-larry-fink-biden-cabinet-facts-2020-12
(17) LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/in/dalia-blass-384b7615
(18) LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/in/eric-van-nostrand-b282a052
(18) “How the new capitalist players are acting against labour, environment and international law and how they use the Corona-pandemic” Werner Rügemer https://www.blackrocktribunal.de/english/
(20) “Two Biden aides will recuse on BlackRock issues as past ties pose questions”
Yeganeh Torbati, Washington Post, January 2nd, 2021 https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2021/01/02/blackrock-biden/
李小轩 Lee Siu Hin
National Immigrant Solidarity Network http://www.ImmigrantSolidarity.org
ActionLA Network http://www.ActionLA.org
China-US Solidarity Network http://www.ChinaSolidarity.org
Part One: PART ONE: MOSCOW
YouTube Video Link
Moscow Red Square: https://youtu.be/cioobRLiLo8
PART TWO: Life in Russia
YouTube Video Links:
Moscow Daily Life: https://youtu.be/Y9SIrc7QjgQ
Moscow Metro: https://youtu.be/IjpQ34HSeDE
St Petersburg Daily Life: https://youtu.be/XV_l3LE1qqs
St Petersburg Community: https://youtu.be/IrJApTsu-uA
St Petersburg Metro: https://youtu.be/KG0orIR3Sq0
St Petersburg Food: https://youtu.be/FI1mShv-BFk
PART Three: Russian Views on West and China
YouTube Video Links:
Russian-Ukrainian Conflict Exhibition at Moscow Museum of the Central Armed Forces of the Russian Federation: https://youtu.be/gedAMgNCIfo
China-Russian Friendships: https://youtu.be/b7wFr0UZSjE
Chinese Signs at the Moscow Airport: https://youtu.be/OpJR-dmIZ-0
Aleppo Before and After the U.S./West-Backed Syrian Civil War https://youtu.be/JMMnKigNyRA
About Lee Siu Hin
Lee Siu Hin, a Chinese-American immigrant activist from Los Angeles, CA, is the founder and national coordinator of the China-U.S. Solidarity Network (CUSN) and the National Immigrant Solidarity Network (NISN). He is a long-time community, labor, antiwar and immigrant rights activist for grassroots struggle. He's also a long-time Pacifica Radio KPFK Los Angeles unpaid reporter and producer and war correspondent who has worked in the Middle East, Europe, and Africa.
NISN is a grassroots-based national immigrant activist network, and CUSN is a network of academic and community activists in both countries committed to building a China-U.S. grassroots activist dialogue.
Lee holds a Masters of Public Administration (MPA) and a Masters of Engineering (Aerospace) from California State Polytechnic University at Pomona, located in Pomona, CA.
He is currently working on medical IT technology for the inner-city community, and for the global south. He travels frequently between China and U.S. for the activism work.
His latest book “Capitalism on a Ventilator” was co-published with Sara Flounders in September 2020; the Chinese edition was released in January 2022. He contributed to “Sanctions: a wrecking ball in a global economy” published in December 2022 and produced the documentary “Vaccine and Sanctions” in December 2022.
Lee directed a documentary “Vaccine and Sanctions” released on February, 2023.